Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dusk

I dreamed a strange dream last night...I saw my dusk walking away from me...not towards a brighter dawn, but towards a darker night.

I slept late last night, and I don't know when I so unknowingly entered the twilight of my dreams...
I saw my twilight walking hand-in-hand with the beautiful setting sun. The sun looked gorgeous, and it was spreading its red hues all over my twilight, making it look all the more dazzling and magnificent...

I could not help but keep looking at my dusk fading away into the night along with the sun...I remember, I ran after it for sometime...wanted to touch the fading horizon. But, horizon, they say is illusory or insubstantial, just like a mirage. So, the more I tried to go near my fading day, the more it went away from me...went away, basking in the glory of the setting sun.

I ran and ran, and then I dropped half way, panting and out of breath. The western horizon looked lovely now...the orange streaked sky and the homeward birds made the picture enchantingly delightful...

I sat there gaping at the glorious beauty...the horizon had traces of my twilight and all I could do was keep staring at it...all I could do was grope for the left-over pieces of a setting day, which will never come back...all I had were the sad left-overs of a twilight that left me fumbling in the dark...

I woke up perspiring all over...And, I realized that the night, that my passing twilight had left me with, was also over...

And, I knew, there's no end to nights...yet, all nights end in bright sunny mornings...preparing us to face all the twilights of our life...


2 comments:

Somebody said...

The occurrence of dusks, dawns perceptively put. The embellishments that come with Ms Pritha's writing make it look all the more good. Good, the writing concludes with a hopeful note :-)

Unknown said...

The blog is poetic...it does give hope at the end.All
s well that end's well. :)